Akai Proffessional just announced a new set of MIDI controllers called Advance Keyboards. The 25, 49 and 61-key models boast a 4.3 inch high-resolution screen helping you focus on the instrument rather than your computer screen.
Akai Advance Keyboard quick breakdown:
- 4.3-inch high-resolution full-colour screen with dedicated interface buttons.
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software for software instrument preset management, control mapping and multi patch creation.
- Semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch.
- 8 large, endless control knobs.
- 8 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads with RGB illumination.
- Note repeat, time-division, pattern arpeggiator, and tap-tempo buttons.
- Pitch and Modulation wheels.
- Comes with a 16GB download with more than 10,000 sounds from AIR Music Technology, SONiVOX and Prime Loops (valued over $1,000).
The included Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) application gives you immediate access to any virtual instrument you have for fast instrument and patch browsing, key zone splitting and the ability to layer up to 8 instruments per VIP instance. Akai’s VIP runs as a VSTi, AU, RTAS or AAX plugin.
Akai Professional’s new Advance Keyboards will be available early 2015 priced at $399.99 (Advance25), $499.99 (Advance49), and $599.99(Advance61). Visit the Akai Pro Advance keyboard official site for more information on Advance Keyboards and Virtual Instrument Player.