Apple releases Logic Pro X 10.1 just in time to steal the show at NAMM without even being there! Classic Apple. Oh and did I mention Logic Pro X 10.1 adds many new features? Some of the new additions are Electronic based Drummers, the Drum Machine Designer and other beatmaker features like Note Repeat and Spot Erase.
Here a video overview on my favourite new features:
The key new features in Logic Pro X 10.1
- New Logo and fonts.
- 10 new Drummers that produce beats in a variety of electronic and hip hop styles including Techno, House, Trap, Dubstep and more
- New Drum Machine Designer plug-in for customizing electronic drum kits
- Redesigned Compressor plug-in features scalable, Retina-ready interface and 7 models including the new Classic VCA
- Retro Synth can now create wavetables from imported audio and is able to stack up to 8 voices
- Note Repeat and Spot Erase modes allow classic drum machine style techniques for creating beats in realtime
- Automation can now be part of a region, not just the track
- Relative and Trim Automation modes extend the options for fine-tuning existing automation
- Manage large-scale mixes more easily with the addition of console-style VCA faders in the mixer
- Mixer now allows remote control of microphone and other input settings for compatible audio interfaces
- Realtime rendering of fades allow them to work with Flex Pitch and speeds up project load times
- The Plug-in Manager now allows you to customize the organization of your menu
- Support for Mail Drop and AirDrop in OS X Yosemite makes it even easier to share your Logic projects
- Expanded sound library includes over 200 new synth patches and 10 Mellotron instruments
- The Piano Roll editor now features a Brush tool for creating or deleting a sequence of notes with single mouse gestures
- Smart Quantize proportionally corrects the timing and length of notes to preserve the musicality of your original performance
In addition to updating Logic Pro X, Apple released version 1.2 of its Logic Remote iPad app with a new plug-in view for remotely controlling parameters and adding or rearranging plug-ins.
The even more extensive Logic Pro X 10.1 release notes can be found here.
Share your thoughts and feelings in the comments below.