Earlier this month many user’s who upgraded to El Capitan noticed that many of their Audio Unit weren’t validating and therefore not working in Logic. Since then we’ve been waiting for a fix. And the wait is now over. If your currently running El Capitan 10.11 (and good new for those who want to upgrade as well), Apple has released an update; 10.11.1, that fixes the pesky Audio Unit validation issue among several others.
It seems to good to be true but the issues (since we applied the update) seems be fixed! Apple has updated it’s Audio Unit validation tool and all seems to work as normal.
All 3rd-party plugins that weren’t working before should be good go.
Some plugin makers may still release updates of their own so keep an eye out for those. Until then, it’s good to get everything back. Now let’s get back to making GOOD music 🙂
Oh, in case you wanted to see what else the OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 update improves on, here it is:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan.
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016.
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail.
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail.
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly.
- Improves VoiceOver reliability.
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support.
- Resolves an issue that caused JPEG images to appear as a gray or green box in Preview.